Friday, October 8, 2010

Half Marathon @ 26.5 Weeks

Well I made it to my pregnancy goal with running! I wanted to be able to run the Grand Rapids Half Marathon at just a tick under seven months pregnant and I did it. I've joined the GR Marathon Staff this year and anyone on staff who wanted to earn their half/full marathon medal went out and ran on October 2nd. (October 17th is the official race day.) So now the plan is to start backing off on the long runs a bit since I'm starting to feel it in the back and stomach muscles from the baby weight. I've been fighting it a bit this week, but since my pregnant body is still recovering from doing the half I haven't had much of a choice but to back off. I'm hoping to still keep my miles at around twenty a week, but I'm just going to be running more days during the week so my running time isn't as long. We'll see how this goes since this week I am truly starting to feel pregnant.

No comments: